CNAl or CNAll (Hospice Aide) RR & SF Hospice House PRN (7pm-7am)
PRN CNA needed to work 7pm-7am and willing to work at either of our hospice houses in Newton or Sherrils Ford.
Position Purpose: To fulfill the organization’s need to deliver personal care services under the direction of a licensed nurse to hospice patients consistent with individualized plans of care and case load assignments.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Patient care is provided in compliance with PCHCV’s Visit Model.
(Expectations of visits do not apply to PRN or PCHCV Facility staff.)
- CNA l and CNA ll - Assist patients with activities of daily living such as personal care needs, nutritional needs and elimination needs. (See attached task list).
- CNA ll only – Assist with advanced tasks such as ostomy care, catherizations and disimpactions. (See attached task list).
- PCHCV Facilities – Perform housekeeping, laundry and other tasks. (See attached task list).
- Communicate changes, concerns and potentially problematic patient/caregiver issues to the PCHCV interdisciplinary team members.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings and work as a team member in addressing patient/caregiver needs.
- Provide quality care to the terminally ill and offer support to the patient and their caregivers as needed.
- Reinforce safety measures with patients and families.
- Provide appropriate support at time of death.
- Document care provided timely and accurately, direct and indirect patient care time, and administrative time supportive of the organization’s financial and statistical reporting needs by 11:00 a.m. the following business day.
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Nurse Aide, Hospice Aide
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Maximum Experience: 3 Years
Required Degree: High School
Manage Others: No
Certified as a Nursing Assistant. NA I must have current listing as NA I with DFS. NA II must have current listing as NA I with DFS and current listing as NA II with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Must maintain CPR certification.
One to three years clinical experience. Hospice or home health care experience preferred.
- Must be able to perform basic life operation skills of walking, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, twisting, talking and hearing.
- Requires crouching/squatting, kneeling. Hand/finger dexterity and writing.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work; and to lift/move objects up to 50 pounds and be able to support, move, lift, transfer or reposition patients.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate a computer terminal and to read and write extensively.
Work Environment (High Risk)
Person in this position could be at risk for exposure to infection, communicable diseases, odors, blood, excreta and/or hazardous materials. Employee will be working with terminally ill patients and/or their caregivers, which can cause periods of stress, variable workloads, flexible hours and deadlines. Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Applications are processed through our HR system called Access1. Click the button below and follow instructions to complete application.