Registered Nurse, Homecare (northeast Hickory/Alexander county area)
Position Purpose: To fulfill the organizations need to deliver nursing care to hospice patients consistent with physician’s orders, nursing assessments and individualized plans of care and to provide support and education to caregivers of patients.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Patient care is provided in compliance with PCHCV’s Visit Model.
- Identifies patient/caregiver needs, develops goals to meet those needs and provides supportive care and appropriate services in accordance with the attending physician’s orders and the interdisciplinary team plan of care.
- Manages the plan of care by assessing, implementing and evaluating the services provided to each patient.
- Assess patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition, reaction to treatments and significant incidents.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes for the electronic medical record and ensure all documentation is current and consistent with established standards.
- Participate in the preparation, evaluation and execution of the interdisciplinary plan of care to assure that the aims of continuity and comprehensiveness of care are accomplished.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team(s).
- Provides support and education on end of life care to caregivers, patients and facility staff.
Employee Type Full Time
Job Category RN, Homecare Nurse
Minimum Experience 1 Year
Required Degree 2 Year Degree
Manage Others No
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing – Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Current, unrestricted North Carolina nursing license required. Must maintain CPR certification.
One to three years clinical experience required. Hospice or home health care experience preferred.
- Must be able to perform basic life operational skills of walking, sitting, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work; and to lift/move objects up to 50 pounds and be able to support, move, lift, transfer or reposition patients.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate a computer terminal and to read and write extensively.
Work Environment (High Risk)
Person in this position could be at risk for exposure to infections, communicable diseases, odors, blood, excreta, and/or hazardous materials. Employee will be working with terminally ill patients and/or their caregivers, which can cause periods of stress, variable workloads, flexible hours and deadlines. Must be able to travel within the community up to 75% of the time.
Applications are processed through our HR system called Access1. Click the button below and follow instructions to complete application.