The Tennis Classic
This autumn event draws tennis fans for a weekend of spirited matches and good-natured rivalry. When the victors are crowned, Hospice patients gain the most. Planning for the annual Tennis Classic is underway and we want you!
Thank you for all who participated in the 2016 Tennis Classic!
rules and regulations
Players are guaranteed two matches either in round-robin format or consolation draw. Consolation may be 10-game pro sets.
- USTA Tournament rules and regulations (The Code) will apply even though this tournament is unsanctioned.
- First-round matches may begin as early as Friday, Sept. 23, 5:30pm and go on as late as 9pm. Depending on the number of entries and weather, matches may be played on Sunday morning.
- All draws will be posted on the website on Thursday, Sept. 22. http://thetennisclassic.com
- Matches will be two out of three sets with a 10-point tiebreaker in lieu of a complete third set. Matches will be played on hard and soft courts.
- Players are limited to two events with the understanding that playing back-to-back matches may be necessary.
- Awards will be given to all champions and finalists in the main draw.
- In case of inclement weather, please check the website for schedule changes.
Please send tennis questions to Scott Nestor, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 828-459-3630.
When you enter the tournament, please clear your calendar to play. All matches will be played as scheduled.
No special considerations will be given.