Grief Camp Donations
Children and teens often process grief very differently from adults. Our grief camps allow these youngsters a break from their everyday lives and offer them a chance to address their feelings and heal in community with other young people experiencing similar circumstances.
To help these children and teens on their grief journeys, we offer a host of fun but productive activities, including craft-making, games, singing, and play of various kinds.
If you would like to support the efforts of our trained counselors as they comfort and encourage our campers, we welcome your donations of money, goods, or sponsorship.
Among the items that we typically need are the following:
FOOD AND DRINKS
- fresh fruit (bananas, apples, grapes, oranges)
- individually wrapped snacks (potato chips, corn chips) or crackers
- pizzas (cheese or pepperoni)
- individual juices or bottled water
- homemade cookies and baked goods
- all-cotton, white tee-shirts and pillowcases
- markers (Crayola and Sharpie), paints, and crayons
- pint-sized glass jars with lids and rings
- construction paper or scrapbooking paper
- ready-made stepping stone kits
- clear acrylic Christmas balls with removable stoppers
- refreshments for adult workshops and support groups
- grief-oriented books, DVDs, and publications
- coloring books (child and adult)
Thank you for your support of these young people!
If your church or organization would be interested in hosting a grief camp, please contact our Director of Support Services at 828.466.0466, x3208.