The Tennis Classic
This autumn event draws tennis fans for a weekend of spirited matches and good-natured rivalry. When the victors are crowned, Hospice patients gain the most. Planning for the annual Tennis Classic is underway and we want you!
Click below to register as a player or to sponsor the 2017 Tennis Classic!
rules and regulations
Players are guaranteed two matches either in round-robin format or consolation draw. Consolation may be 10-game pro sets.
- USTA Tournament rules and regulations (The Code) will apply even though this tournament is unsanctioned.
- First-round matches may begin as early as Friday, Sept. 15, 5:30pm and go on as late as 9pm. Depending on the number of entries and weather, matches may be played on Sunday morning.
- All draws will be posted on the website on Thursday, Sept. 14. http://thetennisclassic.com
- Matches will be two out of three sets with a 10-point tiebreaker in lieu of a complete third set. Matches will be played on hard and soft courts.
- Players are limited to two events with the understanding that playing back-to-back matches may be necessary.
- Awards will be given to all champions and finalists in the main draw.
- In case of inclement weather, please check the website for schedule changes.
Please send tennis questions to Scott Nestor, email@example.com, or call 828-459-3630.
When you enter the tournament, please clear your calendar to play. All matches will be played as scheduled.
No special considerations will be given.